Feb 22, 2020 (Past event)
Frisco’s Mardi Gras Dog Parade
Frisco does Mardi Gras with a twist by putting on a costumed canine parade and a street party to benefit a local animal loving non-profit. Whether you have a dog or not, this is the place to be to get your fill of canine cuteness and general good fun!
Mardi Gras 4Paws, inspired by the Bacchus Parade in New Orleans, comes to Frisco on Saturday, February 22, 2020 from 2:30pm-4:00pm with its own version of Mardi Gras for our four-legged friends! Hosted by the Town of Frisco and Hope for Animals – Clear Creek Rescue, this event is a costumed parade for dogs and their families.
All proceeds benefit Hope for Animals – Clear Creek Rescue, which helps abandoned, lost and suffering animals through rescue, shelter and public education.
- 2:30pm – Registration begins and dogs and their humans converge on 3rd Avenue between Main Street and the alley
- 2:30pm-4:00pm- Yappy Hour- Enjoy listening to festive Mardi Gras music while you sip New Belgium beer or wine during Yappy Hour. The Lost Cajun will be serving up their delicious gumbo and beignets. Even if you don’t have a mutt, come join the street party fun and spectate these proud (ok maybe slightly embarrassed) hounds, as they vie for best costume.
- 3:00pm- The parade starts and travels down Main Street from 3rd Avenue to 7th Avenue along the sidewalks and back up the other side of the street for full viewing of the colorful canines and their entourage.
- 3:30pm- Canine Costume Contest- Following the parade, prizes will be awarded for dogs in costumes only, for a King and Queen and a “Belinda’s Best” category to commemorate the late Belinda Griffin, who inspired this event.
Online pre-registration is:
- $20 for 1 dog
- $25 for 2 dogs
- $30 for 3 dogs
- $35 if you have 4 or more dogs in your family
Registration includes either one bowl of gumbo or a drink.