Jun 27, 2018 (Past event)
Free Breakfast, Prize Drawings & After-Work Festivities
Summit County and the Physical Activity and Nutrition Team of the Summit (PANTS) invite the community to participate in the 2018 Bike to Work Day on Wednesday, June 27, 2018. Bicycle commuters can receive free breakfast, get simple bike tune-ups by local bike mechanics and enter prize drawings.
Summit County has celebrated Bike to Work Day since 2010, and hundreds of commuters participate each year. PANTS began partnering with the County in 2014, helping to grow the event’s participation and activity offerings.
Breakfast & Prize Stations
All cyclists are welcome to stop by any (or all) of the eight breakfast stations between 7:00 and 10:00am for free coffee, juice, muffins, bagels and other light breakfast items. The breakfast stations will be at the following locations:
- Dillon: Marina Park near Lodgepole Lane on the Recpath
- Silverthorne: Recpath near Red Buffalo Café, 358 Blue River Pkwy.
- Keystone: The Keystone Employee Center, 21799 US-6
- Summit Cove: Recpath at the intersection of US-6 and Swan Mountain Road
- Frisco: Summit County Commons, Main Branch Library entrance, 0037 Peak One Dr.
- Frisco: Historic Park, Main Street and Second Avenue
- Frisco: Whole Foods Market, 261 Lusher Ct.
- Breckenridge: Blue River Plaza.
Making Your Bike Commute Safe & Fun
- Pack your bag of work clothes and other items you’ll need the night before. This minimizes prep time and logistical details on the morning of your commute.
- Ensure your bicycle is safe to ride (air in the tires, brakes working, chain lubed, etc.).
- Contact the Summit County Open Space & Trails Department ahead of time if you need assistance planning a bicycle route to your workplace.
- Check the weather forecast the night before so you can make the right clothing and gear choices; early morning bike rides at high elevations may require a warm outer layer and gloves. Be prepared for afternoon showers on the way home.
- Don’t forget your helmet!
- The community is invited to continue the celebration of Bike to Work Day at three locations in the evening.
- The Town of Silverthorne is hosting Bikes & Beer at the Angry James Brewery from 5:00 – 7:00pm.
- The Frisco Chapter of the Summit Chamber will host a bike-in mixer from 5:00 – 7:00pm at the Island Grill in Frisco.
- The Breckenridge Tourism Office is organizing a bike-in movie at 7:00 pm at the Breckenridge Arts District.
Bike to Work Day Partners
2018 Bike to Work partners include Summit County, PANTS, Town of Frisco, Town of Breckenridge, Town of Dillon, Town of Silverthorne, Health Links, Summit County WIC, Ebert Family Clinic, AMT Broadcasting, Cycle Effect, Red Buffalo Cafe, Project Bike Tech, Cove Bike Shop, Keystone Resort, Starbucks, Whole Foods Market, Chris Cakes of Colorado, Summit Chamber, Rebel Sports, REI, Epic Sports, Curves Sports, Breckenridge Tourism Office, Island Grill, Angry James Brewery and Breckenridge Creative Arts.
For more information, contact Michael Wurzel at the Summit County Open Space & Trails Department: 970-668-4065.