Aug 10, 2019 (Past event)
- The competitor will have two runs to post their fastest single run time through the WreckTangle. If a competitor falls or walks around any obstacle, there will be a 30-second penalty added to that runs total time for each fall. A run will be considered finished when the competitor presses the red button at the top of the quarterpipe (final obstacle).
- Awards will be given to the top three female and top three male competitors from each age group, as well as top 3 overall best run times.
Cost: $20 per participant, which includes:
- Event tee-shirt
- Warm-up session
- 2 WreckTangle runs during competition
- Awards for division winners
- 5-6,7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-26, 27-36, 37-47, 48+
Event organizers reserve the right to change or modify age divisions, competition rules, and competition format if necessary.
What counts as a fall? Touching the lower safety net or any other crossbeam or parts of the structure that are not part of the obstacle feature (example: you cannot walk along the metal crossbars on the side of the obstacles). If a competitor chooses to walk around an obstacle or if they require assistance from staff to move through the obstacle, this will also count as a fall. If a competitor falls, they should immediately proceed to the next obstacle (do not try to repeat obstacles after a fall).
Warm-up session: Warm-up sessions are “unstructured”, meaning there will be no timers present and multiple competitors will be using the course at once. The purpose of the warm-up session is to figure out your personal strategy for attacking each obstacle! Please be mindful of other competitors on the course during the warm-up session.
- Friday, August 9: Practice rounds on Friday evening, and registration
- Saturday, August 10: Registration & Competition
- Awards Ceremony: will be held 30 minutes after the final competition run has been completed. The awards ceremony time will be posted at the registration tent during the last competition run.