Frisco Nordic Center Trail Conditions
Spring skiers – if you are on FNC trails after hours on warm evenings please be aware that you may encounter grooming machines. Once the snow gets soft, we groom in the evening for better tracks.
Closing Day is Sunday, April 11. Expect spring conditions and increasing trail closures throughout the week due to quickly melting snow. Lower trails will be snowcat groomed as long as possible. Upper trails may not be groomed at all due to high temps and lack of snow. Skiing before noon is highly recommended and skiers should be prepared to take skis off to cross gaps in the snow cover.
All snowshoe trails are closed as of Monday, April 5.
Please be prepared for variable conditions with thin cover in areas.
No indoor seating or warming is available this season. All guests should be prepared for outdoor winter conditions as trail pass sales, lesson/tour bookings, and rentals are outside.
The Frisco Nordic Center is groomed daily during the winter season. For the most recent information on grooming and trail conditions call the Nordic Center at 970-668-2570.
We encourage all trail and open space users to follow these recommendations:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting COVID19 symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.