- General Info
- Full Schedule
- Soup Cup Classic (Back in 2021)
- Recipes & Winners
- Business Sign Up
- Santa’s Calling
2020 Wassail Days Schedule
Due to COVID-19 (boy, are we tired of saying that phrase), things are going to look VERY different for 2020’s event, but we are doing our best to keep the spirit alive and kick off the winter by supporting our local Frisco businesses.
What is Happening for Wassail Days 2020
November 15, 2020 – January 15, 2021
Love Frisco, Winter Frisco – Back by popular demand, we are re-launching our e-gift card program for the holiday season! Originally named Love Frisco, Shop/Stay Frisco, our easy-to-use Love Frisco, Winter Frisco program offers the same awesome rewards for shopping local:
- Spend $30, receive a $10 bonus
- Spend $75, receive a $25 bonus
- Spend $120, receive a $40 bonus
Gift cards are available for purchase from November 15, 2020 through January 15, 2021 at LoveFriscoCO.com. The bonus gift cards provided by the Town of Frisco are redeemable through March 31, 2021 at participating Frisco businesses, and purchased cards do not expire.
Saturday, November 28, 2020
Small Business Saturday– Start your Wassail days celebration on Small Business Saturday! This is everyone’s chance to start their Wassail Days celebration by visiting small local businesses on Main Street and in the Summit Boulevard area to do their holiday shopping and grab a takeout bite to eat.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Fill out a call request form online by noon on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 to have Santa call your kiddos to hear out their Christmas wishes! On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, Santa will be calling all the children on his call list.
All Week (November 28, 2020 – December 6, 2020)
- Get a free Wassail Days reusable gift bag with the purchase of $50 or more at local retail stores *while supplies last*
- Enjoy free cup of Wassail with a qualifying purchase at participating restaurants
- Rising Sun Distillery
- The Next Page Books and Nosh
- Mountain Dweller Coffee
- Look for Marvin the Moose hiding in the decorated windows of your favorite stores along Frisco Main Street. Marvin can be found 10 times on Main Street, each with a different ingredient for making Wassail, and he can be found once, just slightly off the beaten path, with a bonus (winning) ingredient. As you spot Marvin the Moose in different window displays, track the ingredients you find with this digital stroll and seek checklist.
- Surprise Santa visits- Santa will take surprise cruises around Frisco in a Jeep from Groove Silverthorne! There won’t be photos on Santa’s lap, but he will make time in his busy schedule to visit Frisco when he can.
What is NOT Happening this year, but returning in 2021
Wassail Days is steeped in holiday tradition and this event celebrates all the things that we love about winter, and Frisco, and more specifically, winter in Frisco! Read on for the traditions we hope to bring back as soon as circumstances allow:
- Wassail Sampling
- 12 Sips of Wassail Cards, including the commemorative free mug
- People’s Choice Wassail competition
- Soup Cup Classic – The Soup Cup Classic normally takes place at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge during Wassail days. Local restaurants and amateur cooks duke it out for the titles of Best Professional Soup and Best Amateur Soup, respectively. The guests are the judges as they sample soup and vote for their favorite professional and amateur soups.
- Free Day at Two below Zero Sleigh Rides, the Nordic Center, and the Tubing Hill
- Carolers – Carolers make their way up and down Main Street filling the town with good cheer and holiday music.
- Wassail Night at the Museum – Guests are invited to experience a cozy winter evening at the Frisco Historic Park & Museum starting at 5:00pm with a free after-hours celebration at one of the Museum’s signature open houses. The Museum will be decked out for the holidays, so please join us for a sip of wassail, a cookie or two and some songs and stories that will keep you warm all holiday long!
- In-Person visits with Santa – Normally, Santa visits with children at the Frisco Historic Park & Museum to find out what their fondest wishes are for the holiday season. Santa loves it when parents bring their cameras and take pictures of Santa with the kids.
Schedule is subject to change.